My mother obtained this recipe when she was on a Navy base in Germany in the 1940s. She is unsure of the date but this has been in our family since she obtained it. It is fabulous and easy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- Put the corn bread mix in a bowl and, using a fork to blend, gradually add the water.
- Be careful not to over blend. The dough should be quite stiff.
- Add the corn, which should be well drained. Put about one-fourth of the oil in a skillet and heat.
- Ladle the batter into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with syrup, honey or butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.