From my Aunt Lois's massive collection. Date on note paper says 1918. It has 3 blue stars on it. According to my Aunt Barbara, anything in my Aunt Lois's collection with blue stars on it meant it was a "keeper". I make this on a regular basis and it is very good.
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- Boil, mash and cool the potatoes.
- Mix with egg yolks. When well blended, add egg whites, which have been well beaten and combined with Sugar) flour, salt, cream, lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Bake in a buttered dish in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Sugar and cream.
- I have added fresh Berries to the top and it's really good that way as well.