Purchased from the Montgomery estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1980. Date on card says 1944
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 potatoes
- 4 cups milk
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cook potatoes and onions in salted water until soft.
- Scald milk with the celery, remove celery and add the butter and flour which is creamed together.
- Then add the prepared potatoes to the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and serve at once.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.