Welsh Leek Soup
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 bunch leeks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¼ lb butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan, and slowly cook the leeks, onions, zucchini and celery until tender.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the sour cream gently until well-mixed.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.