10 to 12 servings.
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Dairy sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease three 9-inch round baking pans.
- Line bottoms with wax paper; grease and flour paper.
- Mix cocoa with boiling water in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and Sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cocoa mixture, beating well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk and sour cream to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; carefully peel off wax paper.
- Cool completely. Frost as desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.