- 5 large celery roots or kohlrabi
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Peel the celery roots, wash and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Dredge each slice with flour and lightly fry on both sides.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in the remaining oil, until yellow.
- Add 1 teaspoon flour and let fry some more.
- Then add milk and let come to a boil.
- Place the fried celery in this sauce, salt and simmer, covered, shaking the pan from time to time.
- At the end add the chopped parsley.
- In this dish the milk can be replaced with water and added 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.