- 1 cup (250 ml) Barbados sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (375 ml) corn flakes, crushed
- 1½ cups (375 ml) rolled oats
- ½ cup (125 ml) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) allspice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 ml) of raisins
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped dried figs
- 1 cup (250ml) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together Barbados sugar, vegetable oil, whole egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add corn flakes, rolled oats, sesame seeds, soy flour, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- Stir in raisins, figs (or chocolate chips), coconut and chopped nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan and press down lightly.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until crisp around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.