- ⅓ cup fine cornmeal
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 lb low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 oz crumbled chèvre cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray 9-inch round baking pan or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Stir in ricotta, cornstarch, chèvre cheese and half of sliced scallions.
- Season mixture with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 425f.
- Increase temperature to 450f, and bake 8 to 10 minutes more, or until just set and slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining scallions and parsley and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.