Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup minced dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemons, rind of
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup English peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Add the first 14 ingredients to a non-reactive saucepan.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil; lower heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
- Add in the bell pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take pan off of burner and add in the Peas.
- Add in couscous; stir.
- Cover and let sit for 10–15 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto individual plates; sprinkle with pine nuts and currants.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.