This classic Philippine dessert starts with authentic rice, chocolate, milk, and sugar, and has a fresh, high hint of vanilla.
- 1 cup glutinous rice, white only
- 2 ½ cups water, lukewarm or plain only
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup sugar, brown or white only
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
- sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk, for topping
- Wash the white, glutinous rice and drain.
- Cook rice in a moderate-sized saucepan with 2 ½ cups water. Just stir constantly.
- When rice is ready, then it should be somewhat transparent, so just add the cocoa, white or brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Serve in bowls with the fresh swirls of sweet condensed milk on top.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.