Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 jalapeño chiles, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 to 2 16-ounce cans garbanzos, drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- sliced cucumber and onion
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and jalapeños and cook until onion is tender but not browned.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add garbanzos and water; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- The next day, reheat with garlic. Serve over rice.
- Garnish with cucumber and onion and top with yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.