The Chaulafán a.k.a. Arroz Chaufa (in Peru) is a rice-based dish, popular among Ecuadorians and mainly made and sold by Chinese restaurants. It is basically consists in yellow or orange rice with meat, pork, shrimp and vegetables all mixed altogether.
- 3/4 lb (approximately 1 1/2 cups) diced roasted Pork
- 4 cups rice
- 1/2 lb (approximately 1 cup) Peas
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white onions diced
- 4 Tbs Chinese red pepper sauce
- 1 spicy pepper diced
- salt & pepper
- Cook the 4 cups of rice in 5 cups of boiling water when cooked completely allow to cool.
- Mix eggs with salt and pepper and scramble in frying pan with oil. Place the eggs aside.
- In the still warm frying pan fry the rice with salt, Sugar and red pepper until golden brown. Add Pork, eggs, (previously cooked or canned) Peas, Chinese sauce and white Onion.
- Cook entire mixture until warmed thoroughly.