- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced or minced onion, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked, mashed potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- hot sauce
- Add oil to a large pot set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add stock and mashed potatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Add cheddar, salt, white pepper, dry mustard and hot sauce. Stir to combine and allow the cheese to melt.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.