- 2 C Bisquick mix
- 2/3 C milk
- 1/2 C leftover shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (including greens)
- 1/4 C fresh baby spinach leaves, cut into small strips
- 2 TBS margarine or butter, melted
- Salsa (to serve; optional)
Preheat oven to 450-degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, stir the Bisquick mix, milk, cheese and onions until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet; bake seven to nine minutes or until golden brown. Brush melted margarine or butter over the warm biscuits; serve with salsa if desired. Repeat process with remaining dough. Suggestion: Serve with salsa.
Note: Leftovers can be frozen if tightly wrapped; warm three to four poppers at a time in the microwave on high for up to thirty seconds.
Recipe Link: https://deborahotoole.com/FoodFare/cgobpoppers.htm