- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 dash white pepper
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1½ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup beer
- 1 lbs shredded sharp cheddar
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Add garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and pepper; blend well.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth, half-and-half and beer; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Heat gently, stirring often, but do not allow to boil.
- Serve with croutons.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.