- 1¼ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 20 snaps)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or margarine, melted (½ stick)
- 24 oz cream cheese, at room temperature (3 packages)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup non-alcoholic beer
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Lightly butter the bottom only of a 9-inch spring form pan with removable side.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the ginger, and butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Chill while making the filling.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat both cheeses just until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining 1 cup of sugar, beating just until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until each is combined.
- At low speed, beat in the beer and heavy cream.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1½ hours or until the center is set and the top is lightly golden, but do not brown.
- Turn off the oven and place a wooden spoon in the door to hold it slightly ajar; let the cake sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.