Makes about 5 dozen.
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 8 dropshot pepper sauce
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Combine rice, Cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, Onion, mustard and pepper sauce.
- Form into small balls using 1 tablespoon mixture for each.
- Blend breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Roll balls in breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fat fry at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.