Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp snipped parsley
- ¼ tsp paprika
- dash pepper
- non-stick spray coating
- Rinse chicken: pat dry.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a small pocket in the thickest side of each chicken breast.
- Insert a mozzarella slice in each pocket.
- In a small mixing bowl beat egg white slightly.
- In another bowl stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg white.
- Then, coat with flour mixture.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick coating.
- Arrange chicken in dish.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Nutritional information Edit
- 179 Calories | 4g Fat | 3g Carbs | 30g Protein | 129mg Sodium | 0g Fiber
- Exchanges 3½ lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.