This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cole Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1992. Another tried and true delight worth bragging about.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large eggplant diced
- ⅓ cup milk
- 10½ ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup packaged herb-seasoned stuffing
- Cook diced eggplant in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain then gradually stir milk into soup and blend in egg.
- Add drained eggplant, onion and stuffing.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Turn into greased baking dish.
- For topping crush stuffing and toss with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle over eggplant mixture.
- Top with cheese then bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.