- 1 cup of molasses
- 4 ounces of cheese
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of water
- First heat the molasses and cheese in a double boiler until the cheese is melted.
- Add the soda, and stir vigorously.
- Mix, and sift dry ingredients, and add them to the molasses and cheese alternately with the water.
- Bake fifteen minutes in small buttered tins.
- It may be baked in a large pan but must be broken when cooked, not cut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.