Description EditThis egg-based dish is made and mixed with real cheese, cooked to smooth, white-hot perfection, and served especially for breakfast. Real herbs occasionally work for this recipe, too.
- 2 to 5 eggs, separated or whole
- 4 tbsp. hot water, optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs, optional
- 2 cups grated cheese (Cheddar, Colby, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Gouda, or Asiago)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Beat the egg yolks thoroughly and add to them the hot water (optional), salt, crumbs (optional), and cheese.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry, and fold them carefully into the yolk mixture. Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Pour on the mixture, brown very slowly over the heat, and then place in the oven to cook the top. Serve at once.
To use a conventional method of making the cheese omelet, add grated or sliced cheese, salt, black pepper, and herbs, if desired, to the egg mixture by mixing and pour on the hot skillet with the cooking oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.