Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come Into The Kitchen
- Makes 2 cups.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ cup milk, regular or reduced-fat/skimmed only
- 1 cup grated/fresh cheese (Colby, Colby-Jack, Parmesan, Cheddar, or Brie)
- ½ tbsp. salt, rock or iodized only
- ¼ tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tbsp. cayenne
- ½ tbsp. dry mustard
- In a pan, melt butter. Stir in flour.
- Slowly stir in milk. When the sauce is smooth and hot, reduce heat and mix with the grated/fresh cheese.
- Season the sauce with salt, paprika, cayenne and dry mustard.
- Stir until the cheese is melted. Serve hot and use as a dip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.