Recipe from sneakykitchen.com
- 8 cups chicken broth, defatted
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 x 16 oz. bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups escarole, washed and chopped, or 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp Mrs. Dash extra-spice
- freshly grated parmesan cheese as garnish
- croutons, as garnish
- Place first 5 ingredients in 5 qt. Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese tortellini and cook in broth, according to directions on package.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; add Mrs. Dash.
- Remove soup from heat and add escarole or spinach (if using spinach, thaw under running hot water, squeeze out excess moisture and then add to soup).
- Cover soup and let set for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into large soup bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and /or croutons, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.