Makes 8 servings.
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Cook Onion in 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet until transparent; set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Combine egg and milk. Stir in rice, 1/2 cup Cheese, Onion, chiles and egg mixture.
- Spread dough in greased 9-inch round baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheese, poppy seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.