- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or jeera
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup quick rolled oats
- butter for greasing
- Cream the butter and cheese spread till light and fluffy.
- Add the cumin seeds, black pepper, wheat flour and oats and knead gently into a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet of 6 mm (¼") thickness. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut out 12 to 14 circles using a 50 mm (2") cookie cutter and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 15 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.