6 servings (yield: 9-inch pie)
- 1¼ cup soda crackers crumbs (20-crackers crushed)
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- 2½ cups thinly sliced onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- dash freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup instant non-fat dry milk
- powder dash ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup water
- Shredded 2½ cups thinly sliced onion ¼ tsp salt 3 medium eggs, beaten dash freshly ground pepper ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder dash ground nutmeg ⅔ cup water.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable pan-coating.
- Combine crumbs and margarine thoroughly;.
- Press evenly with the back of a spoon into the bottom and sides of prepared pie plate.
- Set aside prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt margarine in a frying pan.
- Add onion and sauté over low heat, stirring until clear and tender but not brown.
- Turn onion into cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Combine all remaining filling ingredients and mix well.
- Heat over low heat, stirring only until cheese melts.
- Pour carefully on top of onion.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- Knife tip inserted in center should come out clean.
Nutritional information Edit
For 1 serving: ⅙ pie:
- 15 g Carbohydrates | 15 g Protein | 23 g Fat | 329 calories | 0.9 g Fiber | 483 mg Sodium | 167 mg Cholesterol
- Food exchanges: 2 high-fat meat + 1½ fat + 1 starch.
- Low-sodium diets: this recipe is not suitable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.