Here is an incredibly good soup
- Yield: 14 servings (about 3½ quarts).
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- crumbled cooked bacon
- In a soup kettle, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup.
- Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon.