This rich, sharp edition of the pita crisp is made, mixed, and packed with real cheese, margarine, herb powders, and spices, and is great with other side dishes, main dishes, or appetizers.
- 2 wholewheat pita breads
- ¼ cup reduced fat margarine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Separate each pita into 2 rounds, making 4 rounds of bread.
- Cut each round into 4 triangles - you will have 16 triangles total.
- Place each triangle inside up in a lightly greased or sprayed baking sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the cheese and spread over triangles. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° F for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Watch carefully so they do not burn. Serve hot and plain or with other appetizers or side dishes but pair this flavored pita crisp with other appetizers, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.