Description[edit | edit source]
This dip is similar to other bacon and cheese-based dips, but with a cool, creamy kick! Enjoy it with tortilla chips, celery sticks, rice cakes or other side dishes main dishes, or appetizers, or use it as a sandwich spread. Cream cheese occasionally works for this, too.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 1-ounce package dry ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 3-ounce can bacon bits (or 1 kg. cooked, sliced bacon)
- 1 cup cheese (Cheddar, Colby-Jack, Mozzarella, Provolone, or Pepper Jack)
- 1 pack cream cheese, optional
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the sour cream and ranch-style dressing mix.
- Mix up the bacon bits and cheese, especially including the cream cheese. Chill in the refrigerator 20 minutes or longer before serving.
- Pair this homemade dip with potato, corn, or tortilla chips, or other side dishes or appetizers.