- 1 lb Venison or Beef short ribs or shanks
- 2 qt water
- 2 lrg onions, quartered
- 2 x Ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lrg Sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen okra
- 1/2 cup Diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup Sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup Fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup Chopped celery
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Put meat, water, and onions in a heavy soup kettle.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove meat, let cool, and discard bones, returning meat to pot.
- Stir in remaining vegetables and simmer, partially covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.