Try this the next time you make sweet potatoes.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3½ lb sweet potatoes, canned or fresh
- 1 lb tart cherries, drained
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter or regular margarine
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ lb marshmallows
- If using raw sweet potatoes, pare and cut into clices ½ to ¾ inch thick. If you are using canned sweet potatoes, drain them before cooking.
- Place in a saucepan and add 1 cup of water; cook until tender.
- Using 1 tablespoon of butter, grease a 9 x 13 x 2-Inch baking pan; add the sweet potatoes and cherries.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the marshmallows) in a saucepan and cook until you have a thin syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the sweet potatoes and cherries.
- Bake in a 350°F. Oven For 30 minutes or until the syrup thickens.
- Just before serving, top with marshmallows and return to the oven to brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.