- 1/2 cup Chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract OR 2 tablespoons kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Chopped slivered almonds
- Additional maraschino cherries, halved (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In small bowl, beat butter, Sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Mix in corn syrup, almond extract and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in cherries and almonds; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost, if desired.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional cherries, if desired.
- About 16 brownies.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.