Contributed by: Mary Ann Lee
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 x 8 oz carton dairy sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh pitted cherries, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled amaretto cookies
- 24 whole pitted cherries
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In small saucepan, combine gelatin and water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- In blender container or food processor bowl, combine cooked gelatin,sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and 1 cup of cherries.
- Cover and blend or process until pureed.
- Pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream and amaretto liqueur until soft peaks form.
- Remove ½ cup of whipped cream for topping; cover and refrigerate.
- Gently fold remaining whipped cream into cherry mixture.
- Fold in another cup of cut up cherries and the crumbled amaretto cookies.
- Divide mixture among 8 individual serving dishes or parfait glasses.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until serving time.
- Before serving, top each with a dollop of remaining whipped cream and 3 whole cherries garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.