Note: This recipe is quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
- submitted by: Betty Jean Nichols
- 3 cups fresh, sweet cherries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (or other berries)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 5 cups soft whole wheat bread cubes, divided
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside.
- Rinse cherries; remove stones, cut each cherry in half.
- Rinse blueberries; remove any stems.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and ginger.
- Add cherries, blueberries, and raspberries (or other berries).
- Toss to coat.
- Add 2 cups of the bread cubes; toss gently until well-combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Place remaining 3 cups of bread cubes in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with melted butter; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle over cherry-berry mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until topping is golden.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish each serving with whipped cream, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.