- 3 eggs or equivalent egg substitute
- ¼ cup dark honey (or 3x this if you want it sweet)
- 1½ cup non-fat plain yogurt (approx)
- micro dash of salt
- 8 slice cracked wheat bread
- 1 cup dried pitted cherries
- ½ cup organic red flame raisins
- spice (optional)
- Boil some water, pour over cherries and raisins to soak, set aside.
- Beat the eggs and honey with a fork until well blended.
- Stir in yogurt and salt.
- Break up about 8 slices of cracked wheat bread, or crumble it up, and stir in.
- Add in plumped up cherries and raisins, drain the water off first.
- Pour into a greased 5" x 7" pan, or a large pie tin.
- Bake 400°F until the aroma of bread pudding hits your nose, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top.
This is just right in terms of sweetness for me. In order to try to placate the sugar gods, I tried it out with caramel sauce, and it ruined it for me. Nothing like the taste of burnt sugar to dull one's taste buds.