- Cherry Brownies from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation license
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Serves: 36
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp margarine
- ¼ cup (0.6 dl) baking cocoa
- ¾ cup (1.8 dl) flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 ounces (110 g) softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup (0.6 dl) maraschino cherry syrup
- ¼ cup (0.6 dl) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) maraschino cherries
- Melt margarine in a saucepan at medium-low heat, then mix in the cocoa.
- Add the sugar, salt and first two eggs, blend well and then fold in the flour.
- Spread in a greased 9" by 9" (22 cm by 22 cm) cake pan and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, cherry syrup and icing sugar together in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the remaining egg to the mixture and blend well.
- Add the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour the second mixture over top the base.
- Bake at 350 °F/175 °C for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick poked through the centre comes out moist (but not wet with batter).
- Let cool and cut into 36 squares.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and eating or you will have hot broken brownies everywhere.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.