- ¾ cup mild red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 quarts mixed salad greens, rinsed and crisped, in bite-size pieces or mesclun
- 1 quart radicchio, rinsed and crisped, in bite-size pieces
- 1 lb dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 3 tablespoons merlot
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (a fruity variety)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup blue cheese, packed, coarsely crumbled (¼ lb.)
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion with 2 cups water and lemon juice; chill 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- To make dressing, whisk together merlot, fruity extra-virgin olive oil, raspberry vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- In a large boil, combine onion, salad greens, radicchio, cherries, and dressing; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle salad with cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.