A fine combination of cherries and cream cheese is made with graham cracker crumbs, margarine, sugar, and eggs, enriched with vanilla extract, and chilled to fresh perfection. You can make this with other fruits in a cheesecake for selling per slice.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar, white only
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling (1 can)
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar, and margarine; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325° F for 10 minutes. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at moderate speed on an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla; pour over crust. Bake at 450° F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250° F; just continue baking 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing the rim of the pan.
- Chill; top with the pie filling just before serving. Sell per piece, if desired.