This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Vaughan Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups apple cider
- 6 ounce package cherry flavored gelatin
- 16 ounce can pitted dark sweet cherries
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- leaf lettuce
- Bring cider to boiling then dissolve gelatin in boiling cider.
- Drain cherries reserving syrup.
- Halve cherries and set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to measure 1½ cups liquid then stir into gelatin.
- Set aside 2 cups of the gelatin mixture and keep at room temperature.
- Chill remaining gelatin until partially set.
- Fold halved cherries, celery and walnuts into the partially set gelatin.
- Pour into a 6½ cup ring mold and chill until almost firm.
- Gradually add reserved gelatin to softened cream cheese beating until smooth.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over cherry layer in mold then chill until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce lined platter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.