Yields 8 dozen cookies
- 1½ cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; add the sugar gradually and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well again.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add this to the sugar/eggs and blend well.
- Add the pecans, coconut and cherries.
- Mix until blended well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.