- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- 2 pkg. (3 oz each) vanilla pudding and filling (not instant)
- 1 (9 oz) jar maraschino cherry
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 lb chocolate, melted
- Cut the cherries into half and drain well on paper towels.
- Cook milk, butter and pudding in a medium saucepan on a low heat until well blended and thick.
- Remove from stove and add the cherries, nuts and enough sugar to make a thick consistency.
- Form the mixture into 8 to 10 egg shapes with hands coated in butter.
- Place on wax paper covered by cookie sheet.
- Chill for several hours until it becomes firm.
- Melt the chocolate, being careful not to scorch it.
- Frost the egg with melted chocolate.
- Decorate with butter cream icing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.