Prep: 40 minutes; Bake: 45 minutes
Makes 8 Servings
Pastry For Two-Crust Pie Edit
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Cups Red tart cherries, Pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Stick margarine or butter
- 1. Heat Oven to 425 Degrees. Prepare Pastry
- 2. Mix sugar And flour in Large Bowl. Stir in cherries. Turn Into Pastry-Lined Pie Plate. Dot With margarine. Cover With Top Pastry That Has Slits Cut in It;Seal And Flute. Cover Edge With 2-To 3-Inch Strip of Aluminum Foil to Prevent Excessive browning. Re-Move Foil During Last 15 Minutes of Baking
- 3. Bake 35 to 45 Minutes or Until Crust is Brown
And Juice Begins to Bubble Through Slits in Crust. Cool in Pie Plate on Wire Rack. Serve Warm if Desired.
contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.