- 400g. dried chestnuts
- 75g sultanas
- 600g sweet pastry
- 25g drinking chocolate
- 100g sugar
- pinch cinnamon and cloves
- Wash chestnuts carefully. Soak in plenty of water for 10 hours.
- Put all other ingredients in the pan and bring to the boil.
- Continue cooking till the chestnuts are soft.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Add just a few spoons of the cooking liquid to the pastry, put in the mixture, and cover the top with strips of pastry.
- Bake in a hot oven.till golden
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.