- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ lb mushrooms
- ¼ stick margarine
- 1 tsp flour
- ½ cup broth or water
- 1 lb chestnuts, boiled until soft
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- Peel and shell chestnuts, then boil for 20–30 minutes.
- Remove any skins left after boiling.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine until soft.
- Add flour and blend then gradually add water, stirring until smooth.
- Add peeled and chopped chestnuts and mix well.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add wine, heat to boiling, and serve over brown rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.