- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 kg chicken
- 4 big onion
- 4 tomato
- 20 cloves garlic
- 1 big piece ginger
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp fennel
- ¼ cup coriander powder
- ½ small cup chilli powder
- cloves (lavangam) as required
- tamarind as required
- salt to taste
- 5 tsp oil
- Wash the chicken and cut to pieces.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Powder pepper, cumin seeds and fennel together.
- Fry the powders lightly and keep aside.
- Season cloves in oil in a frying pan, add onion and tomato.
- Sauté well adding minced garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken with little turmeric powder and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chilli /coriander powders, salt and mix well.
- Pour 4 cups of water and boil.
- When chicken is half boiled, add the half fried pepper, cumin seed and fennel powder and mix well.
- When the gravy thickens to a paste, remove from fire.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.