Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3½ cups mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- potato starch
- In a mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk coconut milk and mix with water.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Divide batter into three equal parts.
- Color first part of batter and pour into greased pan.
- Bake at three hundred and fifty degrees for fifteen minutes.
- Pour second layer on first and bake for twenty minutes.
- Bake third layer for thirty minutes.
- The traditional colors are red, white and green, but you can use any three colors you want.
- It is very important to cover pan tightly with foil while baking! allow the mochi to sit for a few hours before cutting.
- Roll in potato starch and dust off excess before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.