- 1 1/2 lb. Beef stew meat
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 T. oil
- 5 c. hot water
- 2 T. chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. tomato juice
- 1 c. pearl onions
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. cubed potatoes
- 1 c. diced celery
- 3-4 small turnips, peeled and chopped (opt.)
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- flour meat, brown in hot oil. Add next 10 ingredients (water through tomato juice).
- Cover and cook over low heat 2 hrs.
- Add vegetables and applesauce, cook 15-20 minute longer, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Can also top with dumplings when vegetables are added, then finish as above.
- Dumplings: You can use your own recipe here. I make dumplings with Bisquick and eggs.
- If I am cooking stewed Chicken, I will add finely chopped green Onion and fresh rosemary to them.
- For the stew, I might add green Onion or chives, depending on how the stew tastes.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.