- 1 x 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 1 x 15 oz can white kidney beans
- 1 x 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 oz water
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp basil, sweet, dried leaves
- ½ tsp cilantro, dried leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper or hot sauce to taste
- To obtain a smooth consistency, we prepare this recipe in a blender; however, for a more "chunky" dip, it can be made in a food processor.
- Open the cans of chickpeas and white kidney beans.
- Drain off the liquid.
- Empty the drained cans of chick peas and beans into the blender container.
- Open the can of tomato paste and spoon contents into the blender container.
- Fill the tomato paste can with water and mix with a spoon to loosen any remaining tomato paste that is sticking to the inside of the can.
- Empty into the blender container.
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender container, cover and run blender at high speed until creamy smooth.
- The stiffness of the dip can be adjusted by adding a little more water.
- Spoon into a dip bowl or other container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.