- Makes 66 appetizers
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 x 4-ounce can chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 66 wonton skins
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- picante sauce
- Combine chicken, rice, water chestnuts, cheese, celery, sour cream, onion, chiles, chili powder, salt and pepper sauce in large bowl.
- Place 1 tablespoon rice mixture in center of each wonton skin.
- Fold bottom corner up over filling, then fold in side corners over filling.
- Brush edges with water and roll up to seal.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 375°F.
- Fry rolls, a few at a time, 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with picante sauce for dipping.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.