Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound boneless Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 12 lettuce leaves, chilled
- Cut Chicken into julienne strips. Combine sherry, soy sauce, salt, ginger and red pepper. Add Chicken to marinade; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Combine Chicken and 3/4 cup broth in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until opaque, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup broth; add to Chicken. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring, or until broth is thickened.
- Combine rice and pimento. Portion 1/4 cup rice mixture on each lettuce leaf. Top with 1/3 cup hot Chicken mixture. Garnish with additional pimento, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.